From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.j...@kippdata.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:14 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Question on workers.properties file

On 25.05.2010 12:02, André Warnier wrote:
> Melinda,
>
> from one of your previous posts :
>
> In IIS I have the following:
>
> Default Web Site - Anonymous access checked and Integrated Windows
> authentication unchecked
> Jakarta - virtual web site and Anonymous access checked and Integrated
> Windows authentication unchecked
> SCMIS - virtual web site and Anonymous access unchecked and Integrated
> Windows authentication checked
>
> I believe the above is wrong : you should only have the first two.
> The "SCMIS site" should in fact be a "sub-case" of the Jakarta "virtual
> site".
> All this is a bit confusing since we are dealing here with two classes
> of products and two distinct vocabularies : the Microsoft vocabulary for
> IIS (with "virtual websites" etc..), and the vocabulary for Tomcat.

I did a small test on XP using IIS 5.1. I switched the default web site
*and* the jakarta virtual web site *both* from "Anonymous" to
"Anonymous" unchecked and "Integrated Windows" checked. With those
setting I get prompted for User and PW by IIS and the Username is
forwarded to Tomcat in the usual windows style notation MACHINE\USER.
When setting tomcatAuthentication="false" on the AJP connector, a call
to request.getRemoteUser() returns the string "MACHINE\USER" (MACHINE
and USER replaced by my actual data).

The redirector log contains

Service protocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET host=127.0.0.1 addr=127.0.0.1
name=localhost port=80 auth=NTLM user=MACHINE\USER uri=/user.jsp

and the Tomcat access log contains the info too:

127.0.0.1 - MACHINE\USER [25/May/2010:12:09:03 +0200] "GET /user.jsp
HTTP/1.1" 200 21

Regards,

Rainer

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.