On 26.05.2010 19:53, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
Ranier - thanks for the reply.

1.  I just tried this again, but I set all 3 (Default Website, jakarta virtual
website and SCMIS virtual website) to Windows Authentication checked and
Anonymous access unchecked and I was prompted with a login dialog box.  I could
not get authenticated and then I hit cancel and when I did my log showed the
following:

[Wed May 26 12:38:41.480 2010] [4684:228] [debug] jk_isapi_plugin.c (3108):
Service protocol=HTTP/1.1 method=GET host=127.0.0.1 addr=127.0.0.1
name=localhost port=80 auth=Negotiate user=TEXAS\SavoyM uri=/SCMIS/index.jsp

My objective here is to have IIS authenticate without a user logging in and
then I acquire the user value via the getRemoteUser() method.

2.  I understood that I had to have the website that I am running currently in
Tomcat setup as a virtual website in IIS under the jakarta virtual website in
IIS so that it would serve up the /SCMIS/*.jsp pages in Tomcat?  Are you saying
that is not the case and I can get rid of the SCMIS virtual website?  Could
this possibly the issue?

I think you don't need it (and thus should get rid of it), but it is not related to your auth issue. Keep the jakarta entry, but not the SCMIS one below the jakarta one.

3.  I remember your previous post but I thought you also said that you got a
login prompt which is what I'm trying to avoid.  Again the hope is that IIS can
authenticate and forward the user value to Tomcat seamlessly.

Did you notice, that are are other checkboxes you can choose your auth style from? I'd try all of those and try to read about their meaning. Did you use MSIE or some other browser? Some of the automatic auth methods used on Windows might only work with MSIE and maybe only if the web server is configured as being trusted in MSIE.

Regards,

Rainer