On 06/02/2010 11:54 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
I do not know what are those "the WebModule beans" that you mentioned
and how they do work, are deployed etc.
The WebModule stuff is available through jconsole when an app has been deployed. They can be used to start/stop a web app. However, they don't exist unless the app has been deployed. Unfortunately, deploying implies starting, which I don't want.
If the only thing that you need is that the incoming requests are not
serviced but are replied with error 503 (as Tomcat 5.5 does) or error
404 (as Tomcat 6 does), you can write a Filter that replies with
response.sendError()  until it is switched into pass-through state
with a JMX call or by other means.
Thanks for the idea, but our webapp must not run at all. It does some things
upon initialization that I need to prevent from happening, which is why it must
not be started.

--
Jeff Ramin
Software Engineer