Hi,
Tomcat folder under /Library was created using: sudo mkdir ...
The files in the folder $CATALINA_HOME/bin have the permissions to be executed by all (ugo).
My user is part of the group admin - admin:admin and sandro:admin.
I also removed attribute '@', that in Snow Leopard identifies the files downloaded from the Internet as potentially dangerous.
Using my user to attempt to start Tomcat.
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Sandro