On 04.06.2010 01:30, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
In our present environment we have a WS and APP server. When request
comes in, WS sends it to APP server using mod_jk and then APP server
inserts it into JMS queue. So essentially APP server is also dependent
on JMS server which runs on the same box.

My question is can I use fail_on_status in worker.properties to take
one of the APP servers out of service from mod_jk(WS) by returning
some Http error code as a response to a request when JMS server is
down and a request comes in? Since cping and cpong will still return
success would this mechanism of fail_on_status work?

fail_on_status will trigger nevertheless. Otherwise it would be useless.

Are there any other suggestions?

Do a little scripting, monitor your Appserver and JMS and use the jk-status interface to properly disable or stop the appropriate load balancer member.

Rainer