2010/6/7 Sandro Gallo <sandro.gallo...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I performed the steps suggested.
> Below are the results:
>
> 1) I have all search permissions for specified paths.

And for '/' and for '/Users' as well?

2) Please check, that your '/' (system root) directory does not have
some odd directories like 'org'. I have read once about problems
caused by that, but I do not remember what that problem was. It would
be strange if that were a problem. Just trying all straws.

3) Latest Java as offered by Sun/Oracle now is 1.6.0_20 (6u20).  I do
not know if that is available for Mac, but you may try updating. (I do
not own a Mac, so I do not really know how that is done).

If there are system means to verify your Java installation, or to
reinstall it, you may try them as well.

4) You may compare your Java installation with some one else's. There
might be some extra libraries added there, even if I doubt that.

5)
>  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

I think that the code there is

Resource res = ucp.getResource(path, false);
if (res != null) {
} else {
  throw new ClassNotFoundException(name);  // line 200 in JDK 6u06
}

I suppose that getResource(...) returned null somehow. Do not know
what might have caused it.

I think that for further tests we will need to write some Java code
and see if that code works and how.

6)
> 2) I ran the command you mentioned:
> macmac:bin sandro$ pwd
> /Users/sandro/apache-tomcat-6.0.26/bin
> macmac:bin sandro$ java -classpath tomcat-juli.jar:bootstrap.jar
> -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/Users/sandro/apache-tomcat-6.0.26/conf/logging.properties
> -Dcatalina.home=/Users/sandro/apache-tomcat-6.0.26
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap >>
> /Users/sandro/apache-tomcat-6.0.26/logs/catalina.out
> org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory
>    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.<clinit>(Bootstrap.java:55)
> org.apache.juli.logging.LogFactory
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>    at sun.misc.Launcher$ExtClassLoader.findClass(Launcher.java:244)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:315)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:250)
>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:398)
>    ... 1 more

For the next test you may unpack both bootstrap.jar and
tomcat-juli.jar into the same new empty directory and specify that
directory as the value of -classpath argument.

To unpack them, use a zip archiver,  or  jar -xf filename.
"jar -xf" will unpack the specified file into the current directory.
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/solaris/jar.html

7) You may try apache-tomcat-6.0.26.zip  It contains the same files as tar.gz.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko