On 16/06/2010 15:59, Jorge Moya wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> For the past couple of days, I've been working as an intern in a local
> company and I'd like to mention I'm kind of new with Tomcat and POI. My
> first task was to update a java code they had to extract information of
> excel 97-2003 files to the new POI so that I could also extract and work
> with Excel 2007+ files. I got it working with a local .class test and
> ant.xml build. I then proceeded to update the webservice app in our server
> to function along with Tomcat and this is where the problems began that have
> been bothering me for the past week. Whenever I try to extract .xlsx files I
> get the following error:
>
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Can't read
> content types part !
>         at
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ContentTypeManager.<init>(ContentTypeManager.java:107)
>         at
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ZipContentTypeManager.<init>(ZipContentTypeManager.java:56)
>         at
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.getPartsImpl(ZipPackage.java:136)
>         at
> org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.getParts(OPCPackage.java:585)
>
>         at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:222)
>         at
> org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.java:63)
>         at com.msights.core.utils.ExcelFile.loadFile(ExcelFile.java:84)
>         at com.msights.core.utils.GroupLoader.loadFiles(GroupLoader.java:50)
>         at
> com.msights.core.validation.ValidationModule.run(ValidationModule.java:154)
>
> Now, I've established a long conversation with the POI userlist and came to
> the conclusion I'm having some issues with some of the .jar files and
> classes. This is notably so because I established a local Tomcat environment
> and I can extract the information just fine. I'm kind of at odds on how I
> could fix that issues (Tomcat in the server manipulates a couple of webapps)
> and maybe you guys could offer me a solution.

Not really.  It's clearly a POI exception and I'd have no idea where to
start debugging that.

If you're saying that there's a difference between your dev & production
environments it should be pretty easy to work out what that is.

Compare directory listings, compare jar file sizes & names, compare
config files.