2010/6/16 Jorge Moya <jom...@gmail.com>:
> Hello guys.
> (...)
>
> Now, I've established a long conversation with the POI userlist and came to
> the conclusion I'm having some issues with some of the .jar files and
> classes. (...)
>
> Java version is 1.5.0_18-b02
> Windows version is Windows Server 2003 SP2
> Tomcat version: 5.5.20
>

> Libraries:
> *http://bit.ly/casaPs*
> Shared only has cewcanative.jar

You have quite a mess of your libraries. Two different versions of
commons-collections, log4j, wsdl4j, maybe others.

I hope that Tomcat JARs are from the version that you are saying, and
not some random mix.

Note, that whatever JAR is listed first by operating system, will be
placed first in the URLClassLoader classpath and will thus take
precedence. The order provided by OS is arbitrary.  (Though you are on
Windows, and I think that I heard that NTFS sorts the names).

David Fisher wrote:
> Here's what was determined. One of the webapps on his production server uses
> an older
> XercesImpl Jar in his endorsed directory.

There are known caveats with XML libraries, starting with what is
described in [1]. Some issues curable at Tomcat level were fixed in
some later release.  5.5.20 is very old.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

I would suggest to configure a second Tomcat instance (*), and better
of Tomcat 6, and migrate the applications there. If you are faced with
such versions mess, it is recommended to keep all webapp libraries in
their WEB-INF/lib.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko