>From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
>Subject: Re: Multiple Tomcat Instances
>
>No wonder.
>I am starting to think that you do this on purpose..

Unfortunately, I'm not.

Everyone always says "read the docs".

There are a lot of things I don’t understand, and other than the docs
mentioning there is a CATALINA_BASE variable, they don't speak to where it
can/should be defined (startup.bat or catalina.bat or setenv.bat), or setting
it up the way you mentioned, or that you can even do it that way.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/introduction.html  ( If read the docs
literally, there is no README.txt in my CATALINA_HOME )  This is where people
get lost/confused.

Much of Tomcat config is like "learning the secret handshake" to me at this
point.

>Maybe having a good look at the startup.bat and catalina.bat files would help.

I was looking in both of those, which is where I saw the call to setenv.bat and
assumed that must be where you define it, otherwise what is that call for?