> From: Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX [mailto:leodona...@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/introduction.html  ( If read
> the docs literally, there is no README.txt in my CATALINA_HOME )

Nor does the doc actually say there is a README.txt file in $CATALINA_HOME;
that reference is there merely to explain how to interpret $CATALINA_HOME when
it appears in the doc.

> I was looking in both of those, which is where I saw the call to
> setenv.bat and assumed that must be where you define it, otherwise what
> is that call for?

The setenv.bat script allows you to configure various environment variables for
use by the JVM or your webapps; it's too late to set CATALINA_BASE there, since
CATALINA_BASE is used to locate the setenv.bat script - as clearly stated in
RUNNING.txt.  Each user should be setting CATALINA_BASE themselves - you could
easily establish one for each user in the Windows equivalent of the user
profile.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.