From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.j...@kippdata.de]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for
authentication

On 22.06.2010 14:16, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Thanks Marc.  I actually have that setting in my server.xml file as well.
>
> Actually I did follow your post last week thinking that would help me but the
> ISAPI filter is working properly as indicated in my log and IIS has
> authenticated the info otherwise, at least it is my understanding and my
> experience for the last month in trying to get the ISAPI config and IIS setup
> properly, that the request info in the isapi log would NOT be populated at
> all.  But now that it is, it appears that I cannot get to the request info by
> using the getRemoteUser() method which I understood from Ranier and Andre
> that I could use to get the user value that I need to complete authentication
> in my code.
>
> It just seems that the ISAPI filter is NOT working properly.  Andre or
> Ranier, if you guys are out there, your response would be appreciated.

I thought you already managed to have a situation, where getRemoteUser()
returned something meaningful. So what's the difference to the situation
now?

Regards,

Rainer

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.