>From: Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX [mailto:leodona...@mail.maricopa.gov]
>Subject: OT RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI
>Filter for authentication
>>
>Doesn't the url mapping in the uriworkermap.properties file interrupt
>IIS from passing authentication to Tomcat?
>
>If you restrict access to a virtual directory in IIS, mapped to a
>servlet or webapp in Tomcat, and there is a URL for that servlet/webapp
>in uriworkermap.properties, wouldn't Tomcat allow access even though IIS
>attempts to say no?
>
>I still have a server with IIS and the isapi_redirect.dll "Jakarta
>filter" running internally.
>
>I created a new website in IIS, called test, using IIS port 8088, mapped
>to the examples directory in Tomcat 6.0.26  (Tomcat's HTTP port is still
>8080)
>I added the "Jakarta" virtual directory to test.
>I removed anonymous access and checked integrated windows security for
>test.
>
>http://localhost:8088  supply credentials of user not allowed to this
>directory - yields no access.
>http://localhost:8088/examples I get right through, no challenge from
>IIS.
>
>http://localhost:8088  supply credentials of user allowed, snoop JSP
>works, but Remote User is null.  Everything else in snoop output had a
>value.

I stand corrected, as usual.  Snoop JSP does display my login info.  However,
my browser is now set to supply credentials for internal sites.  "Automatic
login only in Intranet zone".

IE 7
Internet Options
Security
Custom Level
Scroll all the way down to User Authentication.

isapi_redirect.dll version 1.2.27
IIS 6.0
Windows Server 2003

http://localhost:8088/examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp

Request Information
JSP Request Method: GET
Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Request Protocol: HTTP/1.1
Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Path info: null
Query string: null