Our environment:

Unix Solaris 5.9
Tomcat 6.0.26
JVM 1.6.20

Our application runs in two frameworks. One uses https one does not. I am
trying to configure the tomcat connectors to work but when I get it working
in one framework it does not work in the other.

*I have been told we do not need to 'handle' SSL totally as this is handled
by our load balancers. Not sure what these means*.

For example: In one framework we'll get permission denied errors and the
other will work. If we change things around the opposite occurs but instead
of permission errors we get invalid certificate error.

The tomcat documentation on connectors does not describe the options very
well.

<Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000"/>

<Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="false"
maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="false" clientAuth="false"
sslProtocol="TLS"/>

The above connectors work with the http framework but gives me the "mixed
content warning" in IE because some requests are http and some https.

It's obvious I have not worked with SSL very much. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

John Ranaudo