> From: Aaron Clark [mailto:acl...@intellicominc.com]
> Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port
>
> I don't understand how a bug in the OS would cause the RDP
> port to change if (3rd Party Application A) is running.

We've seen on numerous occasions that Windows mixes up handles occasionally
(although I've never seen that with sockets before).  If whatever lookup table
Windows uses to translate an fd/socket handle into the real structure is
corrupted, the process can suddenly start using another port.

I can't think of any possible way for any lump of user code to cause this -
unless Windows security has taken a giant step backwards.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.