From: Rumpa Giri [mailto:rg...@healthfusion.com]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 5:24 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: connector configuration values - need help to review

We are currently using -

Tomcat - 5.5.25 on Windows XP 64bit and 32bit machines

JDK 1.5

IIS 6

Trying to upgrade to latest connector, after changing according to the
documentation I am able to browse our application behind IIS.

Locally the application is behaving fine with the following configuration.

So far I have modified the files as follows - for production environment do
the values look appropriate?

Is there any attribute/properties missing which is crucial for production
ready environment?

Thank you for reviewing.

--------------------

Worker.properties

--------------------

ps=\

# ps=/

worker.list=loadbalancer

worker.template.type=ajp13

worker.template.lbfactor=1

worker.template.socket_keepalive=True

worker.template.socket_timeout=300

worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600

worker.template.connection_pool_size=200

worker.template.connect_timeout=60000

worker.server1.port=8009

worker.server1.host=192.168.100.119

worker.server1.reference=worker.template

worker.server2.port=8009

worker.server2.host=192.168.100.120

worker.server2.reference=worker.template

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb

worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=server1,server2

worker.loadbalancer.method=B

---------------------------

uriworkermap.properties

---------------------------

/myjsps/*=loadbalancer

-----------------------------

Server.xml AJP connector tag

    <Connector port="8009"

               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"
maxThreads="450" connectionTimeout="600000" />

To the default I have just added two more attributes - [maxThreads ="450"
connectionTimeout="600000"] - what other attributes are essential for
production environment?

Regards,

Rumpa Giri