Hi James,

> Marco thanks for your kind reply.

Your welcome ;-)

> I am a bit new to this Proxy business I did searched tutorials on net but I
> have
> got a lot confused.
> If you can share your vhost as how you are using mod_proxy_ajp
>
> For example following is an example configuration of Apache as front end
> I enabled mod_proxy_ajp as per your instructions.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName myserver.com
> <IfModule mod_proxy_ajp>
>
> <Location /sakai/>
> ProxyPass ajp://192.168.1.5:9090/portal
> ProxyPassReverse ajp://192.168.1.5:9090/portal
> </Location>
>
> </IfModule>
> </VirtualHost>
>

> Is this what you meant for the front end.
> Or I also need to do some thing where sakai is present.

This is basically what I meant. You don't even need a Location
container. You can put this configuration options for mod_proxy_ajp
directly inside the Server or Vhost container like this:

SetEnv BALANCER_SESSION_STICKY jsessionid
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost Off

# Hudson continous integration server
ProxyPass /hudson ajp://localhost:18888/hudson
ProxyPassReverse /hudson ajp://localhost:18888/hudson

As you can see there are general options for mod_proxy/mod_proxy_ajp you
can tweak but the most important are the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse
directive which you can just copy for any web application URL you want
to forward to Tomcat.

Of course the port number in these directives must match the port of
your AJP connector of Tomcat inside the server.xml configuration for Tomcat.

The directives and parameters are well documented on the Apache module
documentation pages and in the Tomcat documentation too.
Of course it's a huge topic to understand the Apache configuration
itself in detail, so it's almost impossible to explain every option
here. But the configuration snippets above show the important things
which are needed to get an existing Apache config working with Tomcat
backend(s).

Marco