Hi James!

> it would be very kind of you people if some one can share how can I use
> Apache
> as a front end to Tomcat.

I guess most installations of Apache and Tomcat are using the AJP
protocol for communication between the Apache frontend and Tomcat backend.

There are two similar approaches with two different Apache modules:
mod_jk or the newer mod_proxy_ajp module.
I've used mod_proxy_ajp for a few installations recently and it works
without problems. Another advantage is that it's part of the Apache 2.2
standard modules.

For both solutions you basically have to tell Apache which URLs or URL
patterns it should forward to your Tomcat backend for processing of
these requests.

I think you'll find enough tutorials and examples on the intenert. Maybe
there are comletely different approaches too, but in my opinion
mod_proxy_ajp is really straight forward and not too hard to configure.

Marco