Christopher Schultz wrote:

Sharkanana,

On 7/22/2010 8:34 PM, sharkanana wrote:
Here is my server.xml.  It is default.

Yup, that looks like the default -- or close enough that it doesn't
matter what you may have changed.

Could you try reinstalling a fresh copy of Tomcat and starting it
without using IntelliJIdea or anything like that?

And, if you do that, and if you are under Windows 7, make sure that you download the installer, right-click on it for properties, "fix" the compatibility issues, and then when you execute it, use "run as Administrator".
Or whatever else is needed to get past the damn UAC..

Honestly, I am not quite sure what one needs/must do with Tomcat, but I've had all kinds of trouble installing and running stuff under Windows 7 because of that kind of thing.
UAC is a p. in the a., and I have not yet found the way to completely get rid
of it.