The GoDaddy instructions mostly talk about building the keystore file, and are very similar to that section of the document you mention. I assume what you're getting at is that the instructions you mention might be helpful to me. I have, unfortunately, been over those instructions backwards and forwards. They don't lend any clues.

I went through those instructions when I first got SSL working. I had SSL working fine. All I did this time around was replace one keystore file (tcserver.keystore) with another. I used the same password and alias this time around so that I could just drop in the new keystore without any modifications. When I do so, my system stops working. If I revert back to the original keystore containing the self-signed certificate, the system works fine again.