From: Vijay [mailto:amirisetty.vijayaragha...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 7:20 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: clear text keystore password in server.xml

Hi Mark,
            I guess I am getting the point you are trying to make .. As long as
the password or (the encrypted password and the secret key) are present at some
location (file system / database/ etc) .. there is a security gap ..
I agree with this ..

This said, I am trying to find a way to get tomcat work with an encrypted
password. [given the fact there is no way anyone can get to the  secret key for
decrypting the password]

Thanks!
Vijay