On 8/30/2010 5:25 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
'Fraid not.

The right solution here is for the iCal4j library to fix the leak or
provide a mechanism to enable clients to trigger clean-up on shutdown
(which can then be called from a Servlet context listener). Generally,
library authors have moved quickly to fix the leaks when reported.
log4j, Spring Batch, commons-lang are the ones I can recall and I am
sure there have been others.
I'm not sure asking all the authors to rework things is necessarily right -- even if they do so quickly in most cases.

Rather replacing all the threads ASAP upon any reload seems like a much more forgiving implementation.

--
Jess Holle