> From: Maximilian Stocker [mailto:m...@talentoyster.com]
> Subject: RE: undeploy failure - stack overflow tomcat 5 on RHEL 5

> work -> /var/cache/tomcat5/work
> temp -> /var/cache/tomcat5/work

That's a bit scary - those should be separate directories.  I have no idea what
happens when they're co-located.

> In webapps for the war in question I have the following
>
> A war file called maxtest.war and a directory called maxtest.

Did you explicitly create the maxtest directory, or did Tomcat do so as a
result of deployment?

> I will see that the WAR file has been deleted but the directory
> and all its contents are intact.

Just for verification: Are there any further symbolic links underneath the
maxtest directory?

Have you run fsck lately?  This is still looking like a loop in the directory
structure.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.