On 06.09.2010 22:04, Ruslan Gainutdinov wrote:
Thanks for info, I`ll check it out tomorrow.
AFAIK, on windows, it is not shared memory but some sort of pool.
Isn`t it dynamically grows when needed?

No. Until version 1.2.26 you had to configure a fixed max size, from which the needed memory was allocated, but we didn't give you any indication about how much you would need.

Starting with 1.2.27 we check how many load balancer and ajp workers are configured and allocate shared memory (or plain memory on Windows) of exactly the needed size.

As Mladen says: you can still set a size explicitely using JkShmSize, which should disable the automatic calculation. You will get a warning though, that you don't need to set JkShmSize (that's true for the current functionality in mod_jk).

Regards,

Rainer