On 09/10/2010 10:21 AM, Amol Puglia wrote:
Hello Mladen,

I already have application specific entry in server.xml for jvmroute which is
shown as below.
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="server_name"
jvmRoute="marsstage_rmiserver_3">

As per the loadbalancing document we would have to add following entry in the
server.xml file
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="tomcat1">

I am unable to add above entry as already we are having application specific
entry in the server.xml file.
I would like to know if we miss jvmRoute entry for loadbalancing what would be
the impact on our loadbalancinf setup.

jvmRoute must reflect the node's worker name, in your case tomcat1 ... tomcat3
You can change the worker.properties and rename tomcat1 to whatever name
you have for jvmRoute in that instance's server.xml
Alternative is to add
worker.tomcat1.route=marsstage_rmiserver_3

Regards
--
^TM