> From: Debbie Shapiro [mailto:dshap...@cardiacscience.com]
> Subject: RE: session-timeout not taking effect

> I'm not sure how to determine that the session-timeout
> is anything other than 30 minutes aside from looking at
> the web.xml file.

Note that there are _two_ web.xml files of interest: the global one in
conf/web.xml, and one specific to the webapp in its WEB-INF/web.xml.  Settings
in the latter will override the former.

> Not familiar with JConsole.

An interesting tool for diagnosing JVM behavioral issues, but probably not for
this exercise.

> I don't currently have the Tomcat manager running.

Unless you explicitly removed it, it's running.  You may not have access to the
manager, unless you updated conf/tomcat-users.xml with a userid and password of
your choice for the manager-gui role.

BTW, exactly which version of Tomcat 7 are you using?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.