Are you trying to monitor from the same computer that tomcat is running on?
That's not a good idea. What happens if the entire system crashes...you won't
get any data/alerts. End to end uses another machine to monitor the first.
You could monitor catalina.out for errors, but I don't think you'll capture
every possibility.
What would happen if the system stops serving pages (or serves them slow)? That
won't show in the logs.

What port is your application running on? You can use (from another machine)
wget {servername}:8080.

On 22/09/10 10:30 PM, "Mendiratta, Shashank" <shashank_mendira...@intuit.com>