> From: Roy McMorran [mailto:mcmor...@mdibl.org]
> Subject: Errors not logging to catalina.out after redeploy

> Ordinarily if an exception occurs this will be logged to catalina.out.
> When Tomcat is first started (we use jsvc) this is the case as
> expected.  However if the webapp is redeployed (without a restart of
> Tomcat) errors are no longer logged to catalina.out. Restarting will
> return it to the normal behavior (until the next redeploy).

What kind of errors are you referring to?  Do they show up in any of the Tomcat
logs?

Normally, the only things sent to catalina.out are messages from webapps that
aren't making use of a proper logging mechanism and use System.out or
System.err instead.  However, that's a somewhat over-simplified view;
Konstantin provides, and André amplifies, a more complete description in this
thread:
http://marc.info/?t=128508412000003&r=1&w=2

Do you have swallowOutput set for the webapp?  Does the webapp have its own
logging mechanism?  If so, is there some form of console handler configured for
it?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.