> From: arnaud icard [mailto:arnaud.ic...@univ-avignon.fr]
> Subject: Error 404 when redirected

> I am currently installing and configuring a
> webserver with the couple httpd/tomcat.

Exact versions?

> My current Tomcat configuration is something like that :
> <Host name="appli1.domain.fr"  appBase="/var/www/appli1"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false"
> xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>    <Context path="" docBase="/var/www/appli1" crossContext="false">

The above is seriously broken.  First, it is absolutely illegal to have the
appBase the same as docBase.  Second, you should not be placing <Context>
elements in server.xml.  Third, each <Host> should have a unique appBase
directory.  Fourth, the default webapp for a given appBase must be named ROOT
(case sensitive).

Remove the <Context> elements from server.xml, and restructure your file layout
to look like this:

/
var/
  www/
    appli1/
      ROOT/
        META-INF/
          context.xml
        WEB-INF/
          classes/
          lib/
        <other appli1 directories and files>
    appli2/
      ROOT/
        META-INF/
          context.xml
        WEB-INF/
          classes/
          lib/
        <other appli2 directories and files>

The context.xml file in each ROOT's META-INF directory can actually be omitted
for the two webapps you showed, since it would contain no useful information
(the path and docBase attributes must not be used here).  Only if you had some
non-default attribute to specify would you create a <Context> element inside it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.