Hello

Having rebuilt my Windows PC, I am trying to get Tomcat running under NetBeans
to connect to MySQL.

I believe MySQL is alright because the various tools retrieve data correctly.
But when my Java web app is run from NetBeans, Tomcat shows the homepage but
then gives a Java null pointer error. The logs tell me this is to do with
retrieving user data from the database. So I'm assuming that the two system
components are not able to talk to each other. But why?

I have mySQLConnector in the NetBeans library my web app is using. I've placed
MySQL Connector in Tomcat's config folder, MySQL Connector is also in the
classpath of the PC. The context.xml file in the web app is set to use the root
user in MySQL and all relevant authorities in MySQL are set.

But I get nothing! Although I have the same tools on another PC and they are
fine.

Any ideas? Is there something I've missed?

Thanks

Martin O'Shea.

Thanks

Martin O'Shea