On 28/10/10 14:53, Leon Rosenberg wrote:
ok, i revoke my "nevermind" message, even after I removed
JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener
I still get the warning. Even weirder:

Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [Poller SunPKCS11-Darwin] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Note the word 'likely' is not 'defiantly', it is possible that your
implementation is 'not' creating a memory leak.

If tomcat launches an independent thread (not a tomcat thread) that
refers to objects within the tomcat instance (and its pool of threads),
this is when a memory leak would occur.

This is because objects referenced by the independent thread 'and' the
tomcat instance would not be GC'ed when tomcat shuts down, because they
are still referenced by a living thread.

'Generally' you will want to stop the independent threads when tomcat
shuts down, thus removing the 'likelihood' of memory leaks.

If the independent threads have their own shut down hooks that realise
tomcat is shutting down and dereference any appropriate objects, a
memory leak will 'not' occur.

If you want your independent threads to shut down with tomcat because
they do not have the own mechanisms, implement a
ServletContextListener.contextDestroyed that does so.

Regards,

Simon

Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [MoskitoIntervalUpdater] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [MoskitoMemoryReader] but has failed to stop it. This is
very likely to create a memory leak.
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [MoskitoMemoryPoolReader] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [MoskitoMemoryPoolReader] but has failed to stop it. This
is very likely to create a memory leak.
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
thread named [Thread-6] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely
to create a memory leak.
Oct 28, 2010 3:50:56 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

anyplace else except the server.xml to fix it?

regards
Leon

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Leon Rosenberg