>>> ok, i revoke my "nevermind" message, even after I removed
>>> JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener
>>> I still get the warning. Even weirder:
>>>
>>> Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
>>> INFO: Stopping service Catalina
>>> Oct 28, 2010 3:50:55 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
>>> clearReferencesThreads
>>> SEVERE: The web application [/moskitodemo] appears to have started a
>>> thread named [Poller SunPKCS11-Darwin] but has failed to stop it. This
>>> is very likely to create a memory leak.
>>>

>> Note the word 'likely' is not 'defiantly', it is possible that your
>> implementation is 'not' creating a memory leak.
>>

> but a SEVERE log message should be pretty sure and not likely.

I agree a WARNING or INFO is more correct on shutdown. This would only be
SEVERE if you were restarting your container with a manager or dropping in a
new WAR and the JVM will continue running.

Maybe the Memory Leak detection ought to have some parameter about whether the
Sys Admin actually cares? Or, better couldn't it know if the whole JVM is going
down and adjust the level and message accordingly?

My 2 cents.

Regards,
Dave