On 4 November 2010 10:54, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 04/11/2010 05:01, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
> > I have one doubt.
> You have a question not a doubt
>
> I see this on many forums, and have come to realise it's associated with
speakers of at least one of the widely-used languages in India.  I've just
come to accept that "doubt" is the most obvious English translation of the
concept - though I agree with you that "question" is more understandable to
most English speakers.

To sasidhar prabhakar: if you don't mind me asking, what's your native
language and what's the word or phrase that you're translating as "doubt"?
When this comes up in forums, I'd like to be able to tell the poster that
"question" is probably a better English translation than "doubt", and I
would be able to do that more easily if I knew the original word or phrase
that you're translating.

- Peter