> Chuck,
>
> On 11/5/2010 10:57 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
>>> Subject: JSP Precompilation and Servlet 3.0
>
>>> Hopefully, this will make JSP precompilation less onerous for
>>> users.
>
>> I don't think the current mechanism is particularly onerous, since
>> Tomcat supplies an ant script to do all the dirty work, including the
>> update of web.xml.
>
> My understanding is that the ant script needs some "help" to get
> started: you can't simply run the JSP precompiler against an existing
> webapp without seeding web.xml, at least a bit.

I suggested generating annotated java a little while back and didn't get
an overly enthusiastic reception, but I like the general idea of the
JSPs being in their own jar.

I think it would be good if Tomcat 7.0 featured and used Servlet 3.0
functions, the source is available and it'll help users get to know the
spec.