From: Rob Gregory [mailto:rob.greg...@ibsolutions.com]
Subject: Single webapp multiple contexts

I am trying to create multiple 'dynamic' contexts using just a single
code base. For example we currently deploy a webapps within a context of
let's say 'A'. This listens quite happily for requests coming in the
form of http://localhost/A/index.htm. What I need to be able to do is
have this same code base also listen for requests in the form of
http://localhost/B/index.htm.

You don't say if you want a single webapp instance, or a separate instance for
each URI path.  Assuming the latter, the only safe way to do it is to have
separate .war files or directories; anything else will cause timing problems.
Just copy the .war file (or directory) as needed to the properly named
location, and get rid of the <Context> elements from server.xml (almost always
a bad place for them).

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.