Hi.
Quite apart from all the other answers you already got, check the UrlRewriteFilter at www.tuckey.org, to see if it does not provide an alternative way of doing what you want.

Rob Gregory wrote:
Hello Tomcat Users,

I am trying to create multiple 'dynamic' contexts using just a single
code base. For example we currently deploy a webapps within a context of
let's say 'A'. This listens quite happily for requests coming in the
form of http://localhost/A/index.htm. What I need to be able to do is
have this same code base also listen for requests in the form of
http://localhost/B/index.htm. I have played with using 'fake'
context.xml e.g.

A.xml = <Context useHttpOnly="true"  docBase="C:/0600/ieseries.war"
path="/A" />

B.xml = <Context useHttpOnly="true"  docBase="C:/0600/ieseries.war"
path="/B" />

This seems to work but the war is expanded into both contexts and what I
really need is a single code base preferably without the requirement of
using a .war file. I have looked at virtual hosts but this seems to
involve changing the host name which is also not what I am trying to
achieve.
Using Tomcat 6.0.29 under Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build
1.6.0_14-b08). CATALINA_HOME is C:/0600.

Can anyone give me a gentle push in the right direction if this is at
all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Rob