Tomcat Users,

We are trying to migrate a web application from a single context
containing multiple JDBC datasources to a web application deployed over
multiple contexts but without duplicating the shared datasources.
Reading the docs at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.h
tml states that we should be using the GlobalNamingResources but I do
not know how to create these dynamically as we do with the
per-web-application JNDI contexts. The docs explain how to declare them
within the xml files but I need to create them on the fly. Could anyone
point me at some documentation or some hints at what I should be
googling for. One approach I thought about was moving the datasource
code into the shared location of Tomcat but following some posts this
morning it doesn't sound like shared locations should be used by web
apps. Sorry if my question is not clear and thanks for any assistance.

Tomcat 6.0.29 under Java 1.5+

Regards

Rob