Hi,

I've just started looking into the NIO Connector.
And I see why it's great to combine NIO+Comet...
But does it makes any difference outside of Comet?

1) Namely, if I only have old-fashioned Servlets (not a "CometProcessor") -
will it improve performance to use NIO connector (versus the good old HTTP
connector)?
I ran a test with such old-fashioned Servlet, and got the impression that
Tomcat opens a thread-per-request. So it didn't take advantage of the "non
blocking" feature of NIO.
But then again, perhaps it takes advantage of other NIO features? Such as
native buffers, etc?

2) Also, what about static resources (such as images), assuming they're
distributed by Tomcat (with no Apache server at the front)?
Will they be perform better with NIO connector?

Thanks :)