Hi, all! I am new to Tomcat. I am recently doing a sample app of
authentication using tomcat + JNDI + Light Weight ActiveDirectory. I wanted to
log into the web app with "admin" but failed several times with no error
messages in my eclipse console...
I had a user named "admin" with the dn= "cn=admin, o=University,c=World" and
password="111". "admin" is in the group(role) named: "Administrators" with the
dn="cn= Administrators, cn=Roles, o=University,c=World".
I used tomcat 7.0.4 and wrote the JNDI realm section in the server.xml as
bellow:
<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
debug="99"
connectionURL="ldap://172.16.55.165:3268"
authentication="simple"
referrals="follow"
connectionName="cn=tomcat,o=University,c=World"
connectionPassword="cscw"
userPattern="cn={0},o=University,c=World"
roleBase="cn=Roles,o=University,c=World"
roleName="cn"
roleSubtree="true"
roleSearch="(member={0})"
/>
The Security settings in my web.xml is like:
<web-app>
<security-constraint>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>Entire Application</web-resource-name>
<url-pattern>/fs/*</url-pattern>
</web-resource-collection>
<auth-constraint>
<role-name>Students</role-name>
<role-name>Teachers</role-name>
<role-name>Administrators</role-name>
</auth-constraint>
<user-data-constraint>
<transport-guarantee>CONFIDENTIAL</transport-guarantee>
</user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>
<!-- Define the login configuration for this application -->
<login-config>
<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
<realm-name>Example Form-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
<form-login-config>
<form-login-page>/login/login.jsp</form-login-page>
<form-error-page>/login/error.jsp</form-error-page>
</form-login-config>
</login-config>
<!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
<!-- Security roles used by this web application -->
<security-role>
<role-name>Students</role-name>
</security-role>
<security-role>
<role-name>Teachers</role-name>
</security-role>
<security-role>
<role-name>Administrators</role-name>
</security-role>
</web-app>
Would anyone like to give a suggestion? thx!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]