I am having the following issue with SSL and I am not sure where the
issue lies.

This is the background. I used java's keytool.exe to create a size
2048 private key keystore and then created a CSR from it. This CSR was
submitted to godaddy. Then downloaded the certificate bundle that
godaddy provides. Imported the certs into the keystore following
option 2 in this document
http://help.godaddy.com/topic/742/article/5239.
The document is valid upto Tomcat 6.x only. I am using Tomcat 7.x.
Anyway when the certs are imported into the keystore the thumbprint of
the certs, now inside the keystore, is different from the thumbprints
of the .crt cerificate files outside the keystore.
Is this normal behavior?

My connector looks like this:

<Connector port="8443"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
SSLEnabled="true"
               maxThreads="200" scheme="https" secure="true" debug="0"
               keystoreFile="C:\tomcat.keystore" keystorePass="pwd"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" address="ipaddr"/>

When the site is accessed the 'There is a problem with this website's
security certificate.' warning is thrown. I am guessing the
thumbprints changing is causing this issue. But I am not sure why
thats happening.
The keystore is created on the same machine that the certificates are imported.