Mladen,

Believe it or not, this is intentional and correct behavior.
Almost any server behaves like that.

thanks for sharing your views on this one, which I, however, do not share at
all

besides, no server behaves like you're stating:

if an application is started in a non-root-context and producing any output
such as log-files, those files usually are owned by the user in whose
context the application is running.
besides, superuser root can watch / edit those files anyway.
and what sense should any generated output make, if the app-owner is not
able fo read those files, esp.  when those files contain stuff such as
logging-information?
therefor, in my humble oppinion, i'd consider such a behaviour as a bug
violating one of the essential patterns called "delegation".

so much for that, if you'd like to share any information, if this behaviour
within the native wrapper has been changed intentionally and if so, why it
has been changed, i'd really appreciate this. same goes for fhe possibility
if i misconfigured anything.

thanks & best regards

gregor