Mladen,

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 12/02/2010 12:05 PM, Gregor Schneider wrote:
>
> If your developers need to see the stdout of the Tomcat
> on the production server then you have a serious problem.
> The first one that I find (well funny) is that they can access
> the box at the first place.

I disagree: Why should that be a problem?

I feel that ppl have a problem if they mistrust their developers in so
far that they have to lock their box even to their own developers
maintaing the apps. And I'm not talking about full access but I'm
talking about browsing the logs.

Besides, when having a production-problem, one can react quickly if
the developer responsible for the app can read the logs.

OTOH, some ppl might have no problems with outages and can wait for
the logs being mailed / ftp'ed / whatsoever by the usally always busy
server-admins...*sic*

Cheers

Gregor
--
just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2