Hi,

I try since last friday to use a context file on tomcat 7, without any success.

I have a webapp running on an old tomcat 5.0, and i want to migrate it
to a brand new tomcat 7.0. The old tomcat was configured with a
Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml which provides a URL like
http://localhost:8080/myapp, for the directory webapps/MYAPP. I hav
been unable to obtain the same behaviour on tomcat 7. I have tried to
rename the file from myapp.xml to MYAPP.xml in the Catalina/localhost
directory, or use a context.xml file in the directory
webapps/MYAPP/META-INF, with no success.

old xml was :
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context docBase="MYAPP" path="/myapp" reloadable="true" allowLinking="true" />

I tried the same in the new tomcat (in which case I have "WARNING: A
docBase /path/webapps/MYAPP inside the host appBase has been
specified, and will be ignored" message in the logs)
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context docBase="MYAPP" path="/myapp" reloadable="true" allowLinking="true" />

and tried in webapps/MYAPP/META-INF/context.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context path="/myapp" />

I am sure I am missing something very easy, but I can't fin what ? Of
course, renaming the war myapp.war works, and also linking
webapps/myapp to webapps/MYAPP ...

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy