> From: Mikolaj Rydzewski [mailto:m...@ceti.pl]
> Subject: Tomcat uses more and more PermGen space

> While investigating OOM issue I discovered, that Tomcat instantly
> uses more and more PermGen space.

I suspect you're not using the word "instantly" appropriately here...

PermGen can steadily increase if there's something in your environment that
creates new, typically anonymous, classes as part of its operation.  PermGen
will not decrease until a full GC occurs, which won't happen unless either the
old gen or PermGen fills up (or a full GC is forced).

Simple increased usage of PermGen is *not* necessarily indicative of a memory
leak, but not returning to a stable value *after* a full GC would be.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.