EOIN MCQUILLAN wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking at extending a web application we have so as HTTP POSTs sent to it will contain information in the form of chunk extensions. In addition on reply to these POST requests I would like to write a chunk extension back to the caller. Is there anything in the API which would allow me to a) extract the extension from the request b) add detail in the form of a chunk extension to the reply? I have been looking at online documentation and all I can find at present is that Tomcat looks like it supports reading chunk extensions but I can see nothing about being able to write chunk extensions or access the detail from a chunk extension. I am using version 6.0.29. If anyone has any ideas or links on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.
I have never heard of the term "chunk extension" before in a HTTP context.
Are you sure that this is the right term for what you are trying to find, or
achieve ?

Maybe that is why you are not finding any information ?

Maybe you talking about a POST in "multipart/form-data" format ?
(and a response in a similar multi-part kind of format, although that would cause problems with most browsers)