Well it is a little complicated but the main reasons are

- The majority of the tools i have looked at require that the "tool" run
inside Tomcat which is where my application will also be running. This is a
problem because if Tomcat itself is not available then i cant monitor
anything
- It will be quicker for me to produce something quicker myself than it will
be to convince my boss to authorise an open source tool for a project that
is not supposed to be accessed by external users.

Thanks