From: Tim Space [mailto:qwertypo...@hotmail.com]
Subject: Tomcat 6 logging clog

> I'm tried modifying both files to no effect:
> /apache-tomcat-6.0.20/conf/logging.properties

Step 1: move to the current Tomcat version, not one that's nearly two years old.

> /jdk1.6.0_18/jre/lib/logging.properties

Not used by Tomcat.  (You should also update your JVM.)

> org.apache.catalina.level=FINEST

> However, the string "org.apache.catalina.level" is not found
> in the logging.properties file in apache's conf directory.

Nor need it be.  The above would set FINEST for the org.apache.catalina
package, which would be inherited by packages underneath that - for ones that
don't override it with their own .level setting.

> 1162113  Jan 5, 2011 4:28:59 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
> endElement
> 1162114  FINE:   bodyText=''

Clearly indicative that you have logging set to FINE.

My suspicion is that you're not running the Tomcat you think you are.  Try
downloading a fresh copy from tomcat.apache.org, and running that with no
config changes.  Make sure you don't have any 3rd-party repackaged versions of
Tomcat lying around, since the repackagers have a nasty habit of scattering
files all over the place, making it very difficult to determine which config
files are actually being used.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.