From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: Apache Process going high even after restart of backend server
tomcat
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 6:21 PM

Amol Puglia wrote:
> Hello Andre Warnier,
>
> Thanks for the response. My main problem is apache process is increasing very
> fast and reaching to count 259 thereby bringing donw application.
>
> For that i took thread dump also and tried to analyze but unable to find out
> what is causing the issue.
>
> I have also posted some part of thread dump in another post.
>
> I would liek to know why apache process is going so high in just 15 minuted
> and not coming down.

Amol,
in this context the name "Apache" is confusing.
There are 2 different packages, or "servers" : "Apache httpd" (a webserver,
which can function as a front-end, using the mod_jk add-on module), and "Apache
Tomcat", which is a Java servlet engine (and also, confusingly, a webserver).
Both can have threads.

So what we would like to know first, is : which server are you talking about
when you say "apache process is increasing very fast and reaching to count 259"
?

What is reaching "count 259" and how do you see that ?