Hello all,
Not sure if this is the proper area to post but here goes.
I have a debian os running Apache 2.2.16(debian) along with tomcat 6.0.29. I
use mod_jk as well as mod_auth_kerb module for apache.

I use common access cards and allow apache kerb module to handle all auth
and it works just fine except when I access some of my apps that have ajax
calls back to the same server. Now if I force common access card in apache I
get errors in catalina.out as follows:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert:
handshake_failure.

Now as I said I dont do any auth at the tomcat level its all done at the
apache level. It seems like tomcat is trying to validate the client certs
that mod_jk is passing along. The question is, how do I tell tomcat to
ignore the client certs?

I only have the AJP connector active in tomcat and it looks like the
following:

<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
tomcatAuthentication="false" clientAuth="false" SSLVerifyClient="false" />

Any ideas?

If there is an easy way to accept the client certs (even though I do nothing
with them) then I could do that as well.
Thanks for any advice and sorry if this is not the correct forum for this.

Cheers!