You are telling all there is about your situation, how about you explain your
constraints, and why they are so.

> I was trying to come up with a way to do this without having
> to rename a bunch of stuff.  If it was running on a different
> virtual host for each environment or different ports.

I am not sure I am following you on this statement.

> Can Tomcat be setup so 3 VM instances are ran under one
> tomcat installation?

Do you mean one TOMCAT_HOME?

> With the constraint that only one tomcat can be installed on
> the system what is the best way to run 3 separate environments?

The answer is don't. If you cannot have more than 1 tomcat in the enterprise,
then you should schedule downtime for the production system, to do your testing.
Undeploy the prod.war and deploy the test.war or dev.war. When done, undeploy
then deploy the prod.war.

> Thanks,
> Susan

- Jason Pyeron                      PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant              10 West 24th Street #100    -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333            Baltimore, Maryland 21218   -