The [::] is the IPv6 representation of the anylocal address.  For IPv4 it is
represented as 0.0.0.0.

In my other response, I stated the 'address="0.0.0.0"' needs to go in the
<Connector> for port 8080, or whichever you are worried about.  Leave the
<Host> as name="localhost".

If you really want to delve into all the hairy details on this, search the
archive back to 5/7/2010 for the last detailed discussion on this.  The subject
was "Re : Re : Re : Tomcat 5.5.29 does not accept connections from outside".
(too lazy to search for it myself on Markmail.)

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may
contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to
the sender or telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your
system.